Monday, June 18, 2007

CAMP ADVENTURE d.a.y.o.n.e

Mark Beeson ALL WEEK EVERYDAY. wow....i cant believe it. I KNOW he is NOT God, but man is it sacreligious to say that i DO think that God would have named His second son R Mark Beeson?


First night Papa Beeson spoke with all of us councelors before the kids came and shared some scripture:

Phillipians 4.4-7
4-5Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!
6-7Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Romans 7:15,21
15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do
21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.


Basically, we are serving the kids and helping them take steps toward Jesus...Satan HATES THIS MUCHO...so we have to be aware that he comes to kill stealand destroy therefore we must contunue to revel in God, fully investing out energy into praises rather than worry. Also to make us aware of the opportunity to do what we know NOT to do aka sin....

sidenote: i cant wait to meet my campers! my first week ever as coucelor and at thiis camp....I am SOO FLIPPIN PUMPED..i cant imagine what God has in store for me this week:-D

No comments: