Sunday, May 18, 2008

i t s y o u r w o r l d

went to the last lifeline. dc spoke. things he said that caught my atention.

-God can emphasize with us.
-Sometimes we think other people live in this whole other world.
(i instantly thought wow i do that all the time with dc and the keims and beeson all the SMT i call that other world easy to be a christian.)
-God knows what I'm feeling, what i'm thinking, WHAT I'M DOING. He still just wants my heart.
-Challenge yourself with the patterns and habits by FACING THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE DICTATING MY LIFE!!! (naturally i freaked out when he said FACING THEM)
-how many times have i been ont he edge to God's promise, His plan, His will and I JUST WALK AWAY?!?!
-where are you going, based on where you have been?
-randomly get discouraged by this thought "GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD...but i'm not."

I N C O N S I S T A N T

why does my motivation go? why does my heart forget what God puts on it?

F A I L U R E

why do i make promises or these deals with God i can't keep?

-as i was thinking those thoughts, i started to focus back on the message and DC said "we all have leaky buckets". you know we all have holes where we drip a little.
-Duet. 7:7
-have you ever felt like God has clearly brought you out of a hole or a situation bigger than you?
-REMEMBER THAT TIME, REMEMBER GOD WAS WITH YOU.
-NO SITUATION, NO PERSON GOD cant deliver you from.

SOOO yeah we know God sent His son to die on the cross for OUR sins so that we can be forgiven, BUT just in going to Jesus does not mean He snaps His fingers and life is easy. I STILL HAVE MY HABITS!! What God WILL DO is provide a way to overcome evil!!

Duet. 7:17
-God wants to get in my dirt and HELP me get like Jesus!

So then God helped me realize this....
He doesnt just sit down. He knows we feel like we cant win, that sometimes we feel its bigger than us and even Him. BUT MAN if i want help, I HAVE TO LET HIM!!!

*God wants to clean my room, so i can't keep closing my door on Him*

God never has nor will He abondon me, so WHY DO I DO IT ALL THE TIME?!?!?
WHY DO I KNOW WHAT"S WRONG AND STILL DO IT!?!!?

God changes us LITTLE BY LITTLE. BABY STEPS SARAH! That's ALL i did when i first moved here. NOTHING, NOT ONE THING i did was EASY. i forgot how much of a struggle it was at first.
Maybe the reason why God changes us little by little is because its the only way we learn to rely on Him.

DC closed with this:
sometimes all we do is focus on the leasks in our buckets. what i need to do is see where i was before i moved here for GCCband measure my growth. (november 4, 2006- now)

i want my heart to break with what breaks God's.

No comments: